- 1 stick Butter, Divided
- 1/4 cup Onion, Finely Diced
- 4 whole Carrots, Finely Diced
- 1-2 whole Cauliflower Heads (roughly Chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Or Dried Parsley, Chopped
- 2 quarts Low-sodium Chicken Broth Or Stock
- 6 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
- 3 cups Whole Milk
- 2 teaspoons Salt, To Taste
- Optional sour cream to serve on top
In a large soup pot, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes, or until it starts to turn brown.
Add the carrots. Cook an additional couple of minutes. Add the cauliflower and parsley and stir to combine.
Cover and cook over very low heat for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, pour in chicken stock or broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer.
In a medium saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Mix the flour with one cup milk and whisk to combine. Add flour-milk mixture slowly to the butter, whisking constantly. Stir in the rest (2 cups) of milk.
Add mixture to the simmering soup. Allow to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Check seasoning and add more salt or pepper if necessary.